Summit type: The Summit will be played under Scheveningen system, with India and China fielding four players in their teams.
Each member of one team will play against same member of the other team in two successive rounds.
Two members of a team will play with White pieces in each round.
Fixed Board Order has to be submitted at the end of the Technical Meeting
Rate of Play: 90 minutes for the 40 moves followed by 30 minutes for all remaining moves with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move one
Arrival at the Board for the game: Default time 15 minutes
Draw Agreement: Players cannot agree to a draw, in less than 30 moves, without the consent of the arbiter
- For three fold repetition before 30 moves, it has to be claimed from the arbiter
- Match points (2,1,0)
- Game points
- Greater number of wins with Black
- Armageddon – 5 minutes for White and 4 minutes for Black. A draw is deemed to be a win for Black.
- GM Bai Jinshi – China
- IM Sekhar Chandra Sahu – India
- IA AN Venkatesan – India
- Mobile phones / Wrist watches are not permitted inside the tournament hall
- If a player keeps a mobile or electronic communicating device with him during the game, he will lose the game
- As long as the game is in progress a player may talk only to an arbiter or to his opponent as permitted by the Laws of Chess.